Windhoek Lager International Pairs SA Final: New Venue for Season 5 & 6JohanS
Season 5 and 6 of the Windhoek Lager International Pairs sees a change of venue due to the current financial climate and the Covid related uncertainties regarding flight regulations and entry into different countries. The Venue will be changed from the traditional Windhoek Golf Club and Omeya Golf Club to Devonvale Golf & Winelands Estate, situated in the Western Cape.
Situated in the Stellenbosch Winelands area, you’ll find a true jewel of the Bottelary Valley, from pristine greens and fairways to fantastic views of rolling vineyards to accompany your golfing experience.
The magnificent 18-hole Championship golf course needs little introduction, offering a regular challenge to both local and international golfers alike. The original layout, designed by Ken Elkin, who designed many of the Capes better known courses, has seen several improvements over the last 5 years and is constantly undergoing improvements but still remains a true ‘country course’.
The SA final for Season 5 will take place at Devonvale Golf and Wine Estate from 2 to 5 June 2021. Season 6 SA Final Dates will be announced soon.
Some highlights of Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate:
- 6136m, Par 72 18-hole Championship course
- Course length: Mens 5705m | Womens: 4993m
- Located on the North facing slopes of the Devon Valley
- Surrounded by mountains and vineyards
- A tree-lined curving course with sweeping fairways
- Filled with peace and tranquillity (birdlife, springboks)
- International & National and kids “Squirrel “ tournaments
- Halfway house with terraced bar and lounge
- stylish 5-star change rooms for ladies and gentlemen
- Private / group lessons with our PGA Golf Pro Anna Becker
- Proshop selling estate wines and various golf accessories
- Driving range and Practice area
- Ladies and kiddies clinics
Visit http://www.devonvale.co.za/ to find out more.
We look forward to having another successful SA final and seeing all our golfers in full swing again!